Many of us are looking for a better mortgage deal or would like to release some of the equity in our home but the process is often not as easy as it first appears.
what do you need to know before you seriously consider re-mortgaging?
Where to start?
The first step is to contact us and we can advise you on the best re-mortgaging options.
We will work with you to check the terms and conditions of your existing mortgage. These will tell if you are tied-in to your mortgage deal or if there are any early repayment charges. You can then decide if it is worth switching to a different rate or stay put until the penalties have expired.
How do I apply?
We will of course guide you through the whole re-mortgaging process, which will include:
- An early repayment statement will be needed from your existing lender telling you how much you owe.
- An application form from your new lender will need to be completed, along with details of your income and proof of your identity
- Your new lender values your home
- Subject to all the paperwork being satisfactory, the lender will issue a mortgage offer which will contain the amount of the mortgage and the terms that they will offer you
- Solicitors will need to be instructed at this point to arrange the legal documentation, leading through to completion of the loan
How long does it take?
The whole process should take about a month to complete however this may vary from customer to customer.
Once you have received a completion statement from your solicitor or new lender, the process has completed and your new mortgage is in place.
Request A Call Back
I had to sell my house due to separating from my husband and didn't think I would have any chance of getting a mortgage. I have worked with Lisa in the past and contacted her to see what I could do..... I am now in a brand new build with my 3 children. Amazing new start thanks to Lisa. Extremely professional and compassionate, friendly and helpful. Would recommend 1000% to anyone.
Having worked with Lisa I can't recommend her highly enough - She is very knowledgeable and will always go that extra mile for customers. She is friendly, honest and reliable. I have already recommended her to family and friends and will certainly be using her services in the future myself.
Lisa has been fantastic with all of our mortgage, insurance and legal needs....I could not recommend her enough, in-fact i have recommended her to 2 of my friends who she also been able to secure mortgages for. Thanks you Lisa
Lisa was professional , friendly and really clear in explaining the best products that suited our needs , we felt we could really trust her which was so important when making Such a big decision , I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a mortgage